Addressing Compliance Requirements with Agatha at Tohoku University Hospital
When The Clinical Research Data Center at Tohoku University Hospital needed a more efficient and effective way to manage clinical and quality documents, they chose Agatha.
Compay Name: Tohoku University
Industry: Clinical Research
The Japanese Association for Complement Research (JACR) was founded to further progress in the area of complement research and its related areas, promoting academia as well as science and technology, by making complement research results publicly available, and fostering collaboration and cooperation with domestic and international affiliated academic organizations.
“When we accessed Agatha, we were using it intuitively from the get-go. Other vendors’ systems were flexible and had all sorts of features but this meant that we had to think about how we wanted to use all these features and decide for ourselves. We’d heard that when you try to use a highly flexible system with a group of people who are not familiar with it, things can get out of control because some are bound to start doing things their own way. So that was a concern.
Agatha, on the other hand, presented the features necessary to manage clinical documents, all wrapped neatly in a very simple user interface. We felt sure team members would be able to use it without getting confused.”
Before Agatha – The Challenges
- Sharing information among many locations and groups via email
- No version tracking or audit trail to record changes to files
- Manual review process
- High-security risk due to insecure emailing processes
With Agatha – The Benefits
- Better and easier communication and fortified security
- Fully version tracking and audit trails of documents.
- Configurable automated review process
- Intuitive user interface and user friendly, even for inexperienced users
- Cloud-based, so it can be accessed by any type of computer